Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cereal


About two weeks ago, Isaac has his first taste of rice cereal. The baby books as well as my mom prepared me for rejection--he won't like it at first, he'll spit it out, there will be more cereal on him than in him. Isaac likes to do most things in front of an audience here in Nebraska, and cereal was no exception. Gathered around the high chair were my mom, dad, grandma, and aunt. Isaac surprised us all when he took to it right away, leaning toward the spoon, swallowing the entire first bite, and eventually grabbing onto my arm to make sure I was going to put each subsequent spoonful in his mouth. He ate the entire bowl and definitely made a very distinctive "Mmmmm," at one point. Really. The first bowl was pretty runny, but I've been gradually thickening it. He's been less interested in the last couple days, so I haven't decided yet if I'm making it too thick now or if he's just bored of rice and would like something newer and more exciting. Next on the menu is oatmeal--a food Ricci loves but about which I am less than enthusiastic. We'll be interested to see where Isaac stands on the issue. Vegetables, I've decided, will wait till we get back to Idaho so Ricci can be there for that first.

"What's this Mom?"

"Interesting..."

"More please..."

"Woah. I totally love this stuff."





No comments:

Post a Comment